- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 9 large waffles
Old fashioned buttermilk waffles.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 7 tabespoons shortening (melted)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Beat together the egg yolks, mix in the buttermilk and shortening. Mix in the dry ingredients and beat until creamy. Fold in the prepared egg whites.
- Pour into a hot waffle iron, and cook until golden brown.