- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6-8 People
This recipe for buttermilk pie makes a silky, sweet custard and is a Southern favorite.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 deep dish unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and flour and add three beaten eggs. Use mixer and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, melted margarine (not too hot), and vanilla. Add to sugar, flour, and egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell. Place on a cookie sheet to prevent spilling. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, until top is golden brown and pie has a slight jiggle. Let stand and cool. Pie will firm up.