- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 12-15 biscuits
Old fashioned buttermilk biscuits from scratch.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lard (or shortening)
- 1 cup buttermilk (more if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a pan.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Fold in the shortening. Mix in the milk and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Knead on a softly floured board until smooth. Roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thick and cut out biscuits. Arrange on the pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes.