- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Butterfly Pasta with Tomato Sauce uses fresh grape or cherry tomatoes for a bit of sweetness.
- 1/2 box (16 ounces) butterfly pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat; add tomatoes. Cook, shaking the pan a few times, until tomatoes begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion; cook stirring 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Lightly smash tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste; cook 1 minute.
- Drain pasta; stir into skillet with the sauce until well coated. Sprinkle with basil leaves and cheese. Serve immediately.