- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
Serve these buttery noodles as a delicious and attractive side to roast chicken or pork tenderloin, and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a few turns of black pepper.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the noodles ‘al dente’ according to package direction, drain and then place back into the pot.
- In the meantime, melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat; add the sage, sauté until crisp and then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and then cook the garlic for 1 minute. Pour in the stock and boil the mixture for 8 minutes.
- Top the cooked pasta with the stock mixture, remaining butter, 1/2 cup of the cheese and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine and then serve immediately topped with the remaining cheese and garnished with the sautéed sage.