- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8-10
Butter Star Cookies, with a delicate hint of almond, will make you the star with your guests and family.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons sifted confectioner's sugar
- 3 cups flour sifted
- 1 tablespoon sherry or brandy
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- Cream butter and add egg yolk and confectioner's sugar. Mix well.
- Mix in flour and sherry. Chill.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut with a star cutter and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Beat egg white until stiff and fold in granulated sugar.
- Put a 1/2 teaspoon on each cookie and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 325 degrees F 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cook on a rack.