- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4-5 servings
An old family tradional dessert pie.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Combine the four, baking powder, water and salt. Roll out on a floured surface to quarter inch thick.
- Dot the dough with butter. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle 6 tablespoons of the mixture on the dough.
- Roll the dough up like a jelly roll. Slice about 3 inches thick.
- Butter a baking dish and arrange the cut dough inside.
- Mix together the milk, vanilla and 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar over the rolls. Pour the milk mixture over.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes.