- Prep: 3 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 3 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4
Butter Pecan Parfaits are the perfect dessert to end an elegant meal.
- 1 pint butter pecan ice cream
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile coarsely chop 2 tablespoons pecans; finely chop remaining pecans; set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in brown sugar and finely chopped pecans until well mixed.
- In small bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream until soft peaks form. Spoon half of ice cream into four 6 ounce freezer-safe parfait or wine glasses; top with pecan mixture, then remaining ice cream. Garnish each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream and coarsely chopped pecans. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.