- Prep: 4 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 4 min
- Serving: 2-3 Servings
A simple butter lettuce is used as the base of this delicious salad in order to allow the fresh and creamy taste of the poppy seed dressing to really shine through.
- 1-1/2 heads butter lettuce, trimmed, washed, dried, and torn by hand into bite-size pieces (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh tarragon plus 1 tablespoon whole tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the lettuce into a salad bowl and then set aside.
- Put the poppy seeds into a small sauté pan over medium heat and toast for 2 minutes. Transfer the toasted seeds to a bowl and then add the crème fraîche, yogurt, tarragon, lemon juice and garlic. Whisk the mixture vigorously until thoroughly blended and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the lettuce with the dressing and then toss to coat; serve immediately.