- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Sweet ginger shortbread with a lemon glaze.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in the flour, ginger and lemon peel. Shape into a ball and divide into 4 pieces.
- Flatten to 6-inch round and press the edges smooth. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before drizzling with the glaze.
- To make the glaze, mix together the sugar and lemon juice until smooth.