- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 24 cupcakes
Buttery cupcakes spread with sour cream frosting makes a sweet treat for kids and adults alike.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter and 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, both softened
- 1-1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 8-ounce carton sour cream
- 1 2-pound bag powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two 12-muffin tins with paper bake cups.
- Place 1 cup of butter into a large bowl and beat for 1 minute. Add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Beat in each of the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt and then beat into to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tins, filling each cup 2/3 full, and then bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake tests clean.
- In the meantime place the butter and sour cream into a large bowl and beat with a handheld mixer until combined.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to beat after each addition.
- Beat in the 1 teaspoon vanilla and the milk and then cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before frosting onto the cooled cupcakes