- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
This thick and creamy spread, made with butter beans and Greek-style yogurt, is healthy and delicious. Spread on crackers or serve as a dip for breadsticks and vegetables.
- 1 16-ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scallion, sliced and 2 teaspoons to garnish
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place the butter beans, scallion, garlic, yogurt, Parmesan, oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy, with a bit of texture.
- Transfer the bean spread to a shallow bowl and garnish with the 2 teaspoons of scallion.