- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Dubonnet Rouge is a red-wine based spirit that is flavored with a mix of spices and quinine. Try it blended with rum and a dash of betters in this well-balanced cocktail.
- 1 ounce Rum
- 1 ounce Dubonnet Rouge
- dash of Bitters
- lemon wedge
- sugar to rim glass
- cinnamon stick to garnish
- Place some sugar onto a plate. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of a glass to moisten and then dip the rim into the sugar, pressing gently to adhere. Put the sugar -rimmed glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Place the rum, Dubonnet Rouge and bitters into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the cinnamon stick and then serve immediately.