- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Complex, flavorful and multi-layered in taste, the Burnsides cocktail is made from a distinctive blend of Mezcal, Averna Amaro, bitters, honey, ginger, lemon, tangerine and chili powder.
- 1 ounce Mezcal
- 1 ounce Averna Amaro
- 1 ounce honey
- Barspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Half of a tangerine
- 3 dashes The Bitter Truth Old Time Aromatic Bitters
- Club soda
- Pinch of chili powder to garnish
- Tangerine wheel to garnish
- Place the ginger and the tangerine into a cocktail shake and muddle gently.
- Add the Mezcal, Averna Amaro, honey, lemon juice and bitters to the shaker, and vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass filled with fresh ice, fill with club soda and then garnish with a dusting of chili powder and a tangerine wheel; serve immediately.