- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The flavor of these burgers is accentuated with an extra-sharp cheddar cheese and pimento slather.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1-1/2 salt
- Olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 shallot, grated
- 1 8-ounce block extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/ 2 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 4-ounce jar pimientos
- Prepare a grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the sirloin and the chuck into a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt and a few grinds of freshly grated black pepper.
- Form the beef into 6 evenly-sized patties and then brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Place on the grill for 11 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
- In the meantime, place the cheese, shallot, mayonnaise and pimentos into a bowl and stir well to blend.
- Sprinkle the mixture with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper and mix to blend.
- Top each bun with a grilled burger and then slather with the pimento cheese mixture. Serve immediately.