- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This hearty and satisfying soup is packed with fiber, iron and nutrients. Serve with a few slices of thick peasant bread and a glass of Spanish Sherry or white Côtes-du-Rhône.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can lentil soup (18- to 19-ounces)
- 1 can cherry or diced tomatoes (14 ounces), drained well
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, or to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, forced through a press
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare the bulgur according to package directions and then set aside.
- In the meantime, place the oil in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and a few pinches of salt and sauté for 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the soup and tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes, then add the cooked bulgur, dill, lemon juice and garlic. Cook until heated through and then serve ladled into bowls.