- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Buffalo Chicken Wings are a favorite to enjoy while watching the SuperBowl.
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups bleu cheese dressing
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- oil for deep frying
- 5 tablespoons hot sauce
- celery sticks
- Discard the wing tips and cut the chicken wings into 2 pieces at the joint. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan to 375 degrees.
- Add half the wings and cook stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Melt the butter and add hot sauce to taste and add vinegar. Pour over chicken wings. Serve on a platter with a bowl of bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.