- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
For something different, try making collard greens with a can of Budweiser!
- 1 bunch collard greens, rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) smoked pork chop, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Budweiser beer
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and fry until crispy. Remove bacon and drain off excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook while stirring until slightly browned. Add the pork chop and season with pepper cooking until pork is browned.
- Add the collard greens and pour in the chicken broth and beer. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until collards are tender and begin to wilt.
- Crumble bacon on top and season with salt and pepper if necessary.