- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 38 min
- Serving: Serves 6
Brussels sprouts are at their peak in autumn, which is why they are a classic dish for a Thanksgiving feast. Try this dish that combines the sprouts with crispy Pancetta and vibrant radicchio.
- 1-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, cleaned, stemmed and trimmed
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head radicchio, about 8 ounces trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh marjoram
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Shred the brussels sprouts using a food processor and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, cook the pancetta over medium-high heat for 7 minutes, and then set aside.
- In another sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the sprouts for 3 minutes. Add the radicchio, marjoram and salt and continue to sauté for 3 minutes, and then pour in the chicken broth.
- Cook the brussels sprouts mixture for 5 more minutes, adding extra stock if needed. Stir in the pancetta and sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper. Empty the Brussels sprouts into a serving bowl and serve immediately.