- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 42 min
- Serving: Makes 8 mini toasts
Use fresh slices of French baguette for the toast, smothered with the sprouts and onions, melted with cheese and toasted to perfection! The perfect Amuse-bouche for your hungry guests!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 8 slices of French bread, about 1-1/2 inch thick, toasted
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized pot, boil some salted water and cook the Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, drain and pat dry.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion over medium heat for approximately five minutes until soft and translucent. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and add 1 tablespoon of water. Cover the pan and cook onion for 10 minutes.
- Place the sprouts in the sauté pan and sauté for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheddar cheese and toast in oven until cheese is melted. Spoon the bussels sprouts and onion mixture onto the toasts and serve immediately.