- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 12 pieces
This easy, delicious bruschetta recipe makes a hearty appetizer.
- 12 pieces crusty Italian bread, 1-inch thick
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 24 to 36 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled, and cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- Toast bread over a grill, or in a very hot oven at 425 degrees F. Brown on both sides, remove and brush with oil.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, oregano, and basil. Place cloves in a separate bowl.
- Rub the cloves on the bread, top with tomato mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and put under the broiler for just a minute to heat the top. Serve warm.