- Prep: 12 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 13 hr
- Serving: 8
Brunch Dish is a special gift for the busy holiday cook. This dish is made ahead of time and refrigerated overnight.
- 12 slices white bread, trim crusts
- 1 pound mild sausage, browned, drained
- 2 jars Kraft Old English cheese spread or Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Place 6 slices bread in bottom of 9 by 13 inch greased casserole.
- Crumble browned sausage over bread. Add cheese in spoonfuls or cubed over sausage. Place 6 remaining slices of bread on top.
- Combine milk, eggs and seasonings and pour over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before baking, add crushed corn flakes and drizzle 3 tablespoons butter on top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.