- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 2 hr 20 min
- Serving: Makes 8 servings
On a hot summer day there is absolutely, positively nothing better than a big heaping scoop of sweet, delicious ice cream. Make these fun frozen treats ahead of time and store in your freezer for whenever you need a quick and creamy cool down.
- 8-ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart of your favorite ice cream flavor, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover the bottom of 2, 8 x 8-inch square pans with aluminum foil.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a saucepan and heat until melted and well combined, do not let mixture come to a simmer.
- While mixture is cooling, beat sugar with eggs until mixture is fluffy.
- Gradually beat in chocolate mixture, then beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and salt, then pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake brownies for 18 to 20 minutes or until baked through. Let brownies cool well, about 2 hours.
- Spread ice cream over the top of the brownies in one pan. Flip the brownies out of the other pan and place on top of the ice cream.
- Cut brownies into squares and dip sides into chopped nuts.