- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 24
Brownie Hearts are perfect for Valentine's Day.
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. If using glass dish decrease temperature to 325 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with foil extending over edges to form handles. Grease foil.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture until well blended. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and pecans until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not overbake. Cool in pan. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from the sides. Lift from pan, using foil as handles, onto cutting board.
- Use 2 inch heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out brownies. Decorate as desired.