- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These deliciously rich cookies will soon become a family favorite!
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; set aside.
- Mix together applesauce, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 4 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls and coat with powdered sugar; place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.