- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 8 servings
This sweet and savory brown sugar potato casserole is great for a crowd or potluck.
- 2 pounds red bliss potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fork tender, then drain
- Whisk half and half with vanilla, salt, and egg until combined. Pour mixture over potatoes and beat until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Combine flour with sugar and oats and mix in chilled butter with two knives or a pastry cutter until a coarse meal is formed. Stir in walnuts then sprinkle mixture over potatoes.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes or until fully heated and topping is crisp.