- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 1 hr 8 min
- Serving: 36
A more mellow version of ordinary sugar cookies.
- 2 cups sifted flour, less if possible
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Granulated sugar, for decorating
- Blend 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and cream.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then add enough of remaining 1 cup flour to stiffen dough enough to roll out. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place dough on lightly floured cutting board and roll to 1/8". Cut out with floured cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 8 minutes.