- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
The delicate and naturally sweet flavor of the banana pairs beautifully with the brown sugar and rum in this simple dessert recipe.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, quartered
- 1/4 cup Greek-style plain or vanilla yogurt
- Place the brown sugar, butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the rum, lime juice and cinnamon and continue to cook for about 3 minutes until mixture becomes thicker and syrupy in consistency.
- Place the bananas in the saucepan and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Evenly divide the banana mixture between 2 dessert bowls and dollop with a spoonful of the yogurt.