- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This dinner dish is a hearty and comforting mix of brown rice, steak, feta and vegetables drizzled with a tasty tahini dressing made with fresh cilantro. Enjoy it with a bottle of Zinfandel for a complete meal.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable (or chicken) stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the oven broiler.
- Cook the rice according to package directions, substituting the water for the vegetable stock.
- In the meantime, sprinkle the steak on both sides with salt and pepper, and then place in the oven. Cook the steak for 7 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness, and then transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Place the tahini, vinegar, olive oil and cilantro into a food processor or a blender, and process on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the rice, carrots, onion, raisins, steak and feta in a bowl. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper and then drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.