- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 10-12
Brown Rice Salad is a nice, light change for lunch or a picnic.
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups mixed nuts, seeds, raisins
- 2 cups tomatoes, cut in 8ths
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the rice, butter, celery, peppers, onion, salt and nut-seed-raisin mixture until well blended.
- Poke cheese chunks into mixture and spread chunks on top. Add vegetable stock and tomato wedges.
- Warm in a large skillet until cheese melts. Don't overcook.