- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Brown Rice Risotto is a low calorie, low fat alternative to cream-based risotto. It is quick and easy and oh so delicious.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil and saute garlic.
- Add onions and rice
- Cook until rice is translucent and coated
- In a separate pan heat vegetable broth and add one cup at a time to rice until all liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Add peas.
- Cover and for 5 minutes
- Stir and serve