- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8
This vibrant salad is a nutritional beauty. The explosion of citrus, hearty crunch of broccoli, and mild sweetness of fennel and red onion become a lively accompaniment for dinner off the grill.
- 1 pound broccoli florets, lightly steamed, cooled (about 6 cups)
- 1, 8-ounce fennel bulb, stalks removed, halved, cored, sliced very thin (about 3 cups)
- 2 pounds oranges, peeled, cut into 1/4-nch slices
- 1, 10-ounce red onion, halved, sliced very thin (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper or to taste
- Combine all salad items into a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a samll bowl.
- Pour over salad and mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.