- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
An easy and healthy meal or starter, broccoli, cheddar and white bean soup fills you up with flavor. Server with your favorite crunchy bread.
- 10 ounces of chicken broth (you can substitute vegetable broth)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pound (or about six cups) of broccoli crowns, chopped
- 1 can of white beans (cannellin work well), rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- Black pepper to season
- Bring the broth and water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the broccoli, cover and continue cooking until tender (about eight minutes).
- Stir in the beans, salt and pepper, and continue to cook until the beans are heated through (about one minute).
- Transfer half the mixture to a blender with half the cheese, and blend, making sure to keep some of the beans and broccoli chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and repeat the previous step with the remaining broccoli mixture and cheese. Season with black pepper and serve warm with crunchy bread.