- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A nice alternative to a typical side of steamed broccoli, this vegetarian recipe incorporates walnuts and a creamy buttermilk dressing.
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1-1/2 lb), cut into florets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisin and dried cherry mixture
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- Cut the broccoli stalks crosswise into 1/4-inch stalks.
- Steam the broccoli in a steamer according to manufacturer’s recommended cooking time, or steam in a steam basket over boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Place the broccoli into a bowl and add the onion and the dried fruit. Toss to combine.
- Place the buttermilk, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli and toss to coat. Add the walnuts right before serving and toss once more.