- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Adding broccoli to a classic romaine salad provides satisfying crunch and additional nutrients. You can also top this salad with sliced boiled eggs.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 large apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup Golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange champagne vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place the vinegars, olive oil, Dijon and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- In a large salad bowl, add the broccoli and romaine, and then toss with half of the dressing to coat.
- Add the apples, raisins, cheese and walnuts, and then drizzle on the remaining vinaigrette. Gently toss to combine and then serve.