- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
Broccoli and Parmesan Quiche will make your family rise and shine.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 frozen pie shell, thawed
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat; add oil.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, basil and black pepper, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl and microwave on high 2 1/2 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain well and transfer broccoli to pie shell. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan evenly over broccoli.
- Combine egg whites, whole egg and milk; whisk until well blended. Stir in onion mixture. Pour over broccoli. Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on top. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.