- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Italian-inspired, vegetarian main dish meal tops soft and creamy polenta with a delicious broccoli and garlic mixture, and Gorgonzola cheese.
- 2/3 cup Gorgonzola, for serving
- Italian flat-leaf parsley, torn for serving
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup polenta
- Place the olive oil into a saucepan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the garlic, broccoli and a few pinches of salt, and sauté the mixture for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and cook the mixture for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the milk into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the polenta and a few pinches of salt, and then whisk the mixture vigorously over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Thin with additional milk if needed.
- Serve the polenta in shallow bowls topped with the broccoli mixture and garnished with the Gorgonzola and the parsley.