- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 6
Broccoli and Cauliflower with Citrus Vinaigrette is great for picky eaters and vegetarians.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- Vinaigrette: 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash broccoli and cauliflower. Trim the tough ends off the stalks. Chop the remaining cauliflower and broccoli into large pieces. Put water in the bottom of a large stockpot fitted with a steamer on the stove over high heat. Add the vegetables and steam until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, place the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to taste in a mixing cup. Add the olive oil in a slow stream, constantly whisking until the oil is emulsified.
- When the vegetables are done, toss in the viniagrette and serve immediately.