- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
A hearty combination, Broccoli and Bacon Chowder has Cheddar cheese and potatoes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dillweed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- Saute onion in bacon drippings in skillet until lightly browned. Add remaining vegetables, seasonings and 1 cup water. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Stir in milk and continue cooking.
- Add cheese just before soup reaches boiling point, stirring until cheese melts. Garnish with crumbled bacon.