- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
Broad beans have a naturally rich and buttery texture that make a wonderfully creamy base for dips and slathers.
- 1 cup of broad beans, fresh or frozen, skins removed
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced finely
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- chilli powder, to taste
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Place the beans into a saucepan of boiling water; bring the mixture back to a boil and then drain the beans and rinse with cool water.
- Put the blanched beans into a food processor, along with the avocado, minced garlic and lemon juice, and pulse the mixture until smooth but with a bit of texture.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and season to taste with the chilli powder, salt and pepper.