- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: About 1 quart of brine
Brine, which is a mixture of salt and water, can be used to enhance the juiciness of pork, poultry and shellfish.
- 2 cups sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 quart water
- 3 bay leaves or rosemary sprigs (optional)
- lemon slices (optional)
- Place the food to be marinated into a plastic Ziploc or a glass container, and then add the brine to cover.
- Soak pork chops in the brine for 4 hours, large shrimp for 30 minutes, turkey breast 6 hours, a whole chicken for 4 hours, and chicken pieces for 2 hours.
- After removing the marinated food from the container, make sure to discard the brine.