- Prep: 6 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 6 min
A breakfast taco offers a simple, quick and portable breakfast option for you and your family. Also, if you're watching your waistline, you can easily substitute the eggs in this breakfast taco recipe for egg whites or egg substitute.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Eggs (2 eggs per serving)
- Corn tortillas (2 tortillas per serving)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Cooking oil
- Heat skillet with a small amount of cooking oil.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs into the skillet, cooking and turning the eggs until they're cooked through.
- Place desired amount of salsa and cheese onto the center of the tortillas and warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Divide cooked eggs between tortillas and serve.
- Consider serving with fresh citrus fruit like oranges or tangerines.