- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12 muffins
These healthy muffins are great to grab for breakfast on the run, as well as for an afterschool snack.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts.
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups mashed bananas (2-3)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg with a whisk until blended, and then stir in the walnuts.
- In another large bowl, place the egg, sugar, bananas, oil and vanilla, and whisk together to combine.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix until just combined, careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin and then bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin tests clean.
- Let the muffins stand for 4 minutes before removing from the tin.