- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes one 9x5x3-inch loaf
For those who only can enjoy their breakfast on the run, try this moist and sweet banana bread alone or lightly toasted and spread with a pat of real butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed banana (4 to 5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease one 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with butter or olive oil.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, and oil until thoroughly blended. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and then add the egg mixture. Mix until just combined and then gently fold in the walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and place in the oven for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center tests clean.
- Remove the bread and cook for 10 minutes before serving.