- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Breaded & Baked Halibut satisfies your taste for a "fish fry" without the mess and in a healthier manner.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh halibut steaks, cut about 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra to coat the baking dish
- 3/4 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, snipped (you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the fish into 4 portions. Pat is dry with paper towels and brush on the olive oil. Using a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Dip the fish into the mixture and coat well on both sides. Sprinkle leftover mixture on top of one side of the fish.
- Arrange the halibut in a 2-quart, rectangular baking dish that has been brushed with the olive oil. Bake, uncovered and without turning, for about 12 minutes (until the fish flakes with a fork).