- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 hr
- Total: 20 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You can use either cooked or uncooked weisswurst (white sausage) for this Bratwurst with Curry Sauce dish. Both varieties taste equally as good, but require slightly different grilling times.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup very finely minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds or dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 weisswurst , cooked or uncooked white veal sausages (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- Prepare the grill on medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with oil.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oil into a saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and the mustard seed and cook the mixture, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, pepper, nutmeg, and aniseed to the pan and cook for an additional minute before stirring in the ketchup and cooking the mixture for 4 minutes.
- Place the sausage on the hot grill and cook for 2 minutes if pre-cooked, or 10 minutes if uncooked. Turn frequently to ensure even browning.
- Remove the sausage from the grill and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Serve the sausage topped with the curry sauce.