- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 36 min
- Serving: Makes 1-1/2 pound brandied cherries
Unfortunately store-bought cocktail cherries are loaded with preservatives, artificial colors and flavors. Luckily, making your own brandied cherries has never been easier.
- 1-1/2 pounds dark, sweet cherries, pitted
- scant 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 ounce brandy
- Place the sugar, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon stick into a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the cherries for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and take out the cinnamon stick and discard. Stir in the brandy and allow the mixture to cool before transferring the cherries to a jar.