- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This vibrant green side dish dotted with flashes of red from the addition of tomatoes and jalapeno, is a wonderful compliment to grilled meats and fish. Use a sturdy variety of greens such as chard mustard greens, kale or young collards.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 2 pounds sturdy greens, stems and inner ribs removed leaves coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Place the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir the greens into the pot and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until wilted, and then add the tomatoes, water and vinegar and simmer over low heat for about 12 minutes or until the tomatoes soften. Serve immediately.