- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 9 Servings
Pumpkin soup is a staple of any fall dinner. This pumpkin soup recipe will surely become a favorite.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 9 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated in cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, cumin, ginger and garlic cloves and let sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in pumpkin, bourbon, cider, syrup and borth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place half of pumpkin mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl and repeat process with remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Return pureed mixture to Dutch oven. While stirring frequently, add in milk, flour, salt and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated but do not boil.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.