- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 2 1/2 cups
This is a versatile, bourbon-flavored mushroom topping that can be served to top steaks or crunchy bread as a bruschetta.
- 1 pound of fresh mushrooms (use button, cremini or portabello)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce of bourbon
- 1/8 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup of onion, chopped
- In a medium-sized pan, saute onions and mushrooms in the olive oil for about five minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and saute for five more minutes.
- Use as a topping for your favorite steak, or on crunchy bread as bruschetta.